Oyster Noodles


    
 BY RUBY TIEN MAY 15 , 2018

There is a shop in Taitung that serves a local speciality, oyster noodles. It has been in the same family for three generations, who have run it for 40 years. This shop does not have an English name, but its Chinese name, 客來吃樂, means that the guests should feel happy.

“This has always been my favorite oyster noodle shop, ever since I was a child,” said Miss Zhang, a regular patron at the restaurant. “When I moved away from Taitung, I missed it very much, but now I live here again, I eat here every two or three days.”

The oyster noodles from this shop are very famous in Taitung. It is popular with locals and visitors alike. “I want to eat another bowl so I can return to Changhua satisfied,” said Mr. Kim, who came to Taitung to enjoy the noodles.

The shop only sells a certain amount of oyster noodles per day, so be sure to arrive early, or they will likely have sold out.

The oyster noodles contain oysters, and also intestines and a unique spice. Besides oyster noodles, the shop also sells fish noodles, as well as ice and green bean soup.

A large bowl of oyster noodles is 60 NT, and a small bowl is 40 NT.

The store's address is No.220, Xinsheng Rd., Taitung City, Taitung County.




Contact Amazing Taitung Editors about this story at TheAmazingTaitung@gmail.com
Powered by Blogger.